I'm curious about our thinking, perception, and behavior.
A long-standing question in psychology is: What is the relationship between our perception and behavior?
Specifically, I'm interested in answering this question in relational situations where individuals perceive, search and use their surrounded connections and connections of connections.
Current Research Projects:
- Examining the role of self-disclosure via profiles in network formation on an online community
- Creating an R package of a network sampling method
- Routing strategies and network structure in the small-world phenomenon
- Examining the role of network awareness in successful message chains
- Examining how and why people misperceive and miss communication links in communication networks
- Investigating package ecosystems in programming langugage communities
- Indetifying the factors that explain "who bullies whom" in school
Using data-driven computer simulations, we study the effect of networking strategies on efficiency in communication networks. We found there is a clear trade-off between the studied networking strategies and efficiency.
In this paper, we assess the impact of social media on social and economic development, using an analytical framework that draws on social networks and social learning.