I'm curious about our thinking, perceptions, and behaviors. My current research interests lie in network heuristics.
As behavioral economics have revealed that people rely on simple, efficient rules when they make judgments and decisions, I'm interested in expanding such heuristics to relational situations in which people communicate and interact with each other.
Specifically, my research concerns relational situations where individuals perceive, search and use their surrounded connections and connections of connections.
Current Research Projects:
- Examining the role of self-disclosure via profiles in network formation on an online community
- Creating an R package of a network sampling method
- A quasi-experimental study of social influence via social signaling on online design ratings
- Search strategies and network structure in the small-world phenomenon
- Examining the role of network awareness in successful message chains
- Examining how and why people misperceive and miss communication links in communication networks
- Breass's paradox in communication networks
In this paper, we assess the impact of social media on social and economic development, using an analytical framework that draws on social networks and social learning...